Email to book: email@example.com
- Intermediate Survival Course 19th to the 21st of June 2020 @ £200.00 per person
- Intermediate Survival Course 24th to the 26th of July 2020 @£200.00 per person
SURVIVAL & BUSHCRAFT INTRODUCTION-FOREWORD
The difference between Survival and Bushcraft is that in Survival you want out and a quick rescue is the best rescue, and in Bushcraft you want to go in and learn the skills from the indigenous population of different country’s so that in a survival situation, should your rescue not be quick, you are better equipped mentally and practically to deal with it. At Footsteps of Discovery our courses are designed to give you the knowledge to formulate a survival plan and the confidence to put your plan into action to achieve a successful rescue.
INTERMEDIATE SURVIVAL & BUSHCRAFT COURSE (TWO DAYS ONE NIGHT).
This course is designed to revise and take the skills introduced and learnt on the basic course up a level, with the instructors introducing more subjects for example:
- Trapping & Traps.
- Basic Tracking.
- Small Game Preparation (Rabbits & Fish).
- Advanced Fire Lighting (Fire by Friction).
- Improvised Cooking Methods.
- Camp Craft.
- Natural Shelters.
- Natural navigation including the sun, using watches and Lunar compasses.
- It is recommended that unless students have a good base knowledge of the Survival & Bushcraft subject and in order to get value for their money, they should attend the basic course, before attempting this intermediate course.
- Shop available for the purchase of some smaller items that may be needed for the course (firesteel, whistle, knives, axes / hatchets, please ask for more detail.
- The course starts at 0930hrs and training starts at 1000hrs on the first day of the course and concludes at 1530hrs of the second day.
- Food is provided for the course duration.
- Early arrival (the night before) can be arranged only if you give 1 weeks notice prior to the course.