Email to book: Mark@footstepsofdiscovery.co.uk
- Basic Survival Course 20th to the 22nd of March 2020 @ £150.00 per person
- Basic Survival Course 17th to the 19th of April 2020 @ £150.00 per person
- Basic Survival Course 15th to the 17th of May 2020 @ £150.00 per person
SURVIVAL & BUSHCRAFT INTRODUCTION-FOREWORD
The difference between Survival and Bushcraft is that in Survival you want out and a quick rescue is the best rescue, and in Bushcraft you want to go in and learn the skills from the indigenous population of different country’s so that in a survival situation, should your rescue not be quick, you are better equipped mentally and practically to deal with it. At Footsteps of Discovery our courses are designed to give you the knowledge to formulate a survival plan and the confidence to put your plan into action to achieve a successful rescue.
BASIC SURVIVAL & BUSHCRAFT COURSE (TWO DAYS ONE NIGHT).
This course is designed for the complete novice, or for people who want to brush up and revise their basic skills. From a physical point of view it is not a tough course and would suit most age groups. The freindly ex military instructors cover the subjects of:
- Introduction to Survival and Bushcraft
- Fire (methods of ignition and basic firelays).
- Safe use of Cutting tools (Use of the bush knife and other cutting tools).
- Water (Acquisition, filtration and sterilising).
- Small Game Preparation.
- Field cookery.
- Hygiene and food safety in an outdoor environment.
- Improvised shelters.
- Basic Natural Navigation (Stars in the Northern Hemisphere and the Sun).
- Axe throwing (because we can and because it’s fun).
- Shop available for the purchase of some smaller items that may be needed for the course (firesteel, whistle, knives, axes / hatchets, please ask for more detail.
- The course starts at 0930hrs and training starts at 1000hrs on the first day of the course and concludes at 1530hrs of the second day.
- Food is provided for the course duration.
- Early arrival (the night before) can be arranged only if you give 1 weeks notice prior to the course.